They will reduce the water supply of the Cutzamala System in the Valley of Mexico as of August 15



(Photo: Twitter/ObservaValle)
(Photo: Twitter/ObservaValle)

Due to the low levels in the dams due to the lack of rain in the last year, the Cutzamala System will reduce the water supply in the Valley of Mexico starting next Monday, August 15.

This was reported by the National Water Commission (Conagua) through a statement, detailing that the reduction will be in blocks from 14.2 to 13.2 cubic meters (m3/s) per second, which represents 2.4% of the total average daily supply it receives. the Metropolitan Zone, scheduled for this rainy season, with lower consumption than in the dry season.

And it is that in the weekly session of the Hydraulic Works Operation Technical Committee, held on August 9, it was reported that the El Bosque, Valle de Bravo and Villa Victoria dams registered a fill level of 46.3 percent, 19.4 points less than the historical average for the date.

Aspects of the Valle de Bravo Dam, one of the three main dams of the Cutzamala System (Photo: Cuartoscuro)
Aspects of the Valle de Bravo Dam, one of the three main dams of the Cutzamala System (Photo: Cuartoscuro)

It is worth mentioning that the flow rate of 13.2 m3/s is the same as that delivered from June 12, 2021 to January 31, 2022.

75% of the supply regularly used by the Valley of Mexico comes from various sources, and only the remaining 25% is provided by the Cutzamala System.

The decrease in water service will affect 13 municipalities in the State of Mexico: Atizapán de Zaragoza, Huixquilucan, Naucalpan, Nicolás Romero, Tlalnepantla, Cuautitlán Izcalli, Coacalco, Tultitlán, Ecatepec, Nezahualcóyotl, Tecámac, Toluca and Acolman.

While in CDMX only the Gustavo A. Madero, Milpa Alta and Xochimilco mayoralties will not be affected because they do not depend on Cutzamala.

(Photo: Pixabay)
(Photo: Pixabay)

Due to the above, Conagua urged the population to make more efficient use of water, in order to cope with the lack of rain and runoff towards the Cutzamala System.

In addition, it is planned to carry out joint actions between Conagua and the governments of the State of Mexico and Mexico City, so that in the coming days the “Integral Potable Water Plan” will be presented.

More information in development…





Source link


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.