As the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 150th day, we check out the principle developments.
Here are the important thing occasions to this point on Saturday, July 23.
- Russian missiles have hit infrastructure in Ukraine’s port of Odesa, a day after Russia and Ukraine signed a deal to reopen Black Sea ports to renew grain exports, the Ukrainian navy stated.
- Thirteen Russian air assaults on railway infrastructure and a navy airfield in Ukraine’s central Kirovohrad area have killed no less than three folks, in keeping with the regional governor.
- Heavy preventing has taken place within the final 48 hours as Ukrainian forces proceed their offensive in opposition to Russia in Kherson province, west of the Dnieper river, Britain’s navy intelligence stated.
- The US ambassador to Kyiv stated Moscow needs to be held to account for an “outrageous” strike on the port metropolis of Odesa.
- Ukraine has referred to as on the United Nations and Turkey to make sure that Russia fulfils its commitments below the settlement for a secure hall for grain exports from Ukraine’s Black Sea ports.
- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has stated the European Union wants a brand new technique on the battle in Ukraine as sanctions in opposition to Moscow haven’t labored.
- The African Union has hailed a landmark deal between Ukraine and Russia that can enable Kyiv to renew exports of grain by means of the Black Sea and relieve a worldwide meals disaster.
- The United States has promised one other $270m in navy assist for Ukraine, together with drones.
- Credit score companies Fitch and Scope have downgraded Ukraine two days after the war-ravaged nation requested a debt fee freeze.